Table of Contents
New technologies that can change the educational process
Technologies are now everywhere and no longer associated with IT companies only. You can feel the changes in healthcare, entertainment, finances, government, and education too. If earlier you had to spend nights over books struggling with your homework, now you can use any online tools that can help you with the assignment.
However, technologies’ impact is seen not only on the way of doing homework but in the way of teaching, perceiving information and the whole studying process. In this article, we will discuss the most significant ones.
New technologies for students` convenience
Innovations in technology give students more opportunities for effective learning and understanding of complex subjects. Here are some of the most significant tech advancements already used in education:
- Virtual reality. With this technology, students can literally dive in the other reality interacting with a 3D world. It increases the learning process a few times and the information is absorbed faster due to new experiences. Augmented reality can also become the part of the process – compared to virtual, here you can combine real and fake things to explore more opportunities;
- Artificial intelligence. AI can be used in college to automate such activities as grading and giving feedback. Its smart algorithms allow collecting and analyzing information and creating a personalized learning approach for each student (especially those with special needs). There are even AI tutors that can teach Math and papers writing in addition to already existing services that can help you in case of your do my Math homework requests;
- Cloud computing. Now you can get access to educational resources from any location due to the abilities of cloud computing. All lessons, videos, audio lectures, books, and assignments can be stored on a college`s cloud terminal. It allows students to easily perform assignments at home and send it back to teachers via online resources;
- 3D printing. Material that was previously taught by textbooks can now become real via 3D models. With this technology, students can get a better understanding of the subjects as they have the ability to feel and touch it;
- Biometrics. No more cheating, guys! Now education is exploring the opportunities of face and voice recognition, fingerprints and eye-tracking to monitor students` attendance, control borrowing of school properties and check the progress of content absorbing;
- Social media. Now all universities increase their online presence and not only on websites but in social networks too. Thus they can reach more applicants, describe their advantages, organize contests, meetings and just connect with each other. With social networks, students can also exchange ideas with other students from different continents.
In the era of digitalization, free access to the Internet gives us lots of opportunities we sometimes don`t use. With technological development, now students can learn faster, easier, more efficiently and in a more interesting way. Keeping up with technologies is necessary to see our own progress and education is only starting integrating tech advancements into its processes. These are the new technologies we see now but we expect more to come in the following years.