Videocon, one of the leading D2H service providers in the Indian television market, has provided its new Videocon D2H packages channel list with the price for the subscribers.
The history of D2H services in India dates back to 2000, when the government of India has first permitted the reception and distribution of the satellite television signals in November 2000. This happened almost 25 years after the leading seven cities in India acquired the television services in 1975.
The History of Television in India
The television industry started strengthening its base in India by the 1980s, but there was only one national channel during this time, the Doordarshan national, commonly known as DD national.
The broadcasting of Ramayana and Mahabharata, the two great epics from the Hindu mythology on DD national broke all the viewership records at that time (and is doing the same during its re-run, in this lockdown period!), and proved that small screen programming on television can earn them a huge profit if they manage it well enough.
Thus, more and more small-screen programs started coming in the late 1980s, and more and more people started buying their own television sets. In the year 1982 was introduced the color television set, that added colors to the life of people.
But still, having a television at home was considered to be a luxury. People from the neighborhood would gather at someone’s house (who owns a TV set), and watch their favorite programs together.
Funny, isn’t it?
1991: The Year of Revolution
In 1991, the government of India introduced the LPG policy and opened the Indian markets for private and foreign investments. All the new economic and social reforms had a slow and steady impact on the television industry as well.
Unlike earlier situation, when only the state-run channels dominated the television broadcasting, the government allowed some private and foreign broadcasters to start broadcasting their content on Indian television, although in a limited operation initially. Foreign broadcasters like CNN, STAR TV, and private Indian broadcasters like ZEE TV, ETV, SUN TV, and Asianet were among the first ones to enter the industry.
Beginning of the DTH Services and D2H
As said earlier, the DTH services began in India in 2000, after the government permitted them to do so. DTH, meaning Direct-To-Home is a type of receiving satellite transmission for televisions in India.
In the Direct-To-Home services, the satellite transmission for television is received by the means of signals transmitted from the direct broadcast satellites. The first DTH service provider in India was launched on 2nd October 2003, by Dish TV. Then in the next year (2004), the public broadcasting authority Prasar Bharti launched the first free DTH service in India, the DD Free Dish.
Thus, began the journey of direct to home services in India. And now India has the largest market of DTH services, according to the number of subscribers. According to the record available from June 2019, there were around 54.36 million active pay DTH subscribers in India, excluding the free DTH services.
Videocon D2H packages channel list with a price: The historic merger of 2016
From the various DTH providers, the largest and the most successful one is the D2H.
From all the DTH pay operators, D2H has the largest market share, which is more than 20% as of now. Their parent firm is the Essel Group, a leading marketing giant in the Indian television industry.
Thus, now subscribing to D2H services has become a very easy, affordable, and extremely beneficial affair for all the television lovers!
The Videocon D2H packages are one of the most popular D2H packages in India that provide the customers with some of the most beneficial plans at relatively cheaper prices. Videocon D2H offers more than 490 channels, with a great picture and sound quality without any signal issues.
Videocon D2H have already become one of the fastest-growing D2H services in India, through their quality services. Now, let’s have a look at some of the best Videocon D2H packages channel list with price, which has been updated in 2020, according to the new rules and regulations prescribed by TRAI.
Videocon D2H packages channel list with price
The Videocon D2H packages provide their customer with a wide range of plans, which will be suitable for their customers according to their needs. Here are our top picks for the Videocon D2H packages channel list with price:
- Super Gold Plan: The monthly price for the plan is Rs. 300/-, and the benefits of the plan include 204 TV channels along with 45 popular channels, for the subscribers.
- Gold Max Recharge Plan: The monthly price for the Gold Max Recharge Plan is Rs. 331/-, and the benefits of the plan include 204 channels plus 45 popular channels for the subscribers.
- The New Diamond Pack: The monthly price for the plan is Rs. 476/-, and the benefits of the plan include 237 channels + 63 popular channels for the subscribers.
- Videocon D2H Gold Kids Plan: This one’s an ideal plan for kids, which will provide you with some interesting and informative channels for your kids at an affordable price. The monthly price for the plan is Rs. 360/-, and the benefits of the plan include 206 channels plus 46 popular channels for the subscribers.
- New Diamond HD Pack: If you want to enjoy an HD experience as a television lover, this pack is one of the best choices. The monthly price for the plan is RS. 651/-, and the benefits of the plan include 265 channels along with 28 HD channels and 79 popular channels for the subscribers.
Videocon D2H packages channel list with a price: HD Plans and other plans
- Videocon D2H Super Gold HD Plan: The monthly price for the plan is Rs. 425/-, and the benefits of the plan include 218 channels + 16 HD channels + 50 popular channels, which is very profitable for the subscribers.
- Videocon D2H Gold Maxi HD Plan: This is another best HD plan available on Videocon D2H that provides a large number of channels at an economic rate. The monthly price for the plan is Rs. 456/-, and the benefits of the plan include 221 channels along with 17 HD channels and 53 popular channels available for the subscribers.
- New Gold Sports Plan: The monthly price for the New Gold Sports plan is Rs. 401/-, and the benefits of the plan include 210 channels with 47 popular channels for the subscribers.
- Platinum Plan: The monthly price for the Platinum plan is Rs. 550/-, and the benefits of the plan include 241 channels plus 64 popular TV channels for the subscribers.
- Platinum HD plan: The monthly price for the Platinum HD plan is Rs. 725/-, and the benefits of the plan include 275 channels + 35 HD channels + 80 popular channels for the subscribers.
- Videocon D2H Gold Kids HD Plan: The monthly price for the plan is Rs. 485/-, and the benefits of the plan include 222 channels along with 16 HD channels and 53 popular channels for the subscribers.
- New Gold Sports HD Plan: The monthly price for the plan is Rs. 550/-, and the benefits of the plan include 231 channels + 21 HD channels + 58 popular channels for the subscribers.
- Gold Sports Kids Plan: The monthly price for the Gold Sports Kids plan is Rs. 611/-, and the benefits of the plan include 235 channels + 21 HD channels + 61 popular TV channels, available for the subscribers.
Videocon D2H packages channel list with price: Language Packs
Apart from these customized packages, the Videocon D2H packages channel list with price also includes the language packages. By subscribing to these language packs, a customer can enjoy his favorite channels in that particular language. The language packs include:
- Videocon D2H Bengali Package, starting at Rs. 169/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Gujrati Package, starting at Rs. 189/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Marathi Package, starting at Rs. 186/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Malayalam Package, starting at Rs. 155/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Tamil Package, starting at Rs. 169/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Telugu Package, starting at Rs. 155/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Odiya Package, starting at Rs. 181/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Kannada Package, starting at Rs. 169/- Per month.
- Videocon D2H Combo Package, starting at Rs. 239/- Per month.
Within these basic language packages that start at very nominal rates, you can again have your customized language packs that will include various combos such as the Diamond Combo pack, Diamond HD Combo Pack, Kids pack, Kids HD Pack, Sports pack, Sports HD pack, Gold pack, Gold Combo pack, Gold HD pack, and Platinum pack, etc. All these packs have been mentioned in detail on the official websites. So, you can easily decide and pick up the best one for you. Also, there are some Addon packs too.
Visit the official website for detailed information on all the Videocon D2H packages channel list with price: https://www.d2h.com/ .
Videocon D2H packages channel list with price: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Which is the ideal D2H plan? How can I enjoy uninterrupted D2H service?
Ans.: You can select any of the above-mentioned plan, and it is suggested that the customer should pay the monthly/yearly recharge amount in advance, to enjoy an uninterrupted D2H experience.
- How can I activate my Videocon D2H pack?
Ans.: After the successful installation of the Videocon D2H pack, it is activated automatically within 2-4 hours. If you face any issues in activation, you can contact Videocon D2H customer services for assistance. The customer care number is – 91156 91156.
- Can I change the Videocon D2H pack online?
Ans.: Yes. You can change, upgrade, or downgrade your ongoing D2H plan online, by using the D2H infinity pack.
- How to recharge the D2H plan online?
Ans.: To recharge the D2H plan online, you can use a recharge voucher, debit card, or credit card, and even net banking.
Videocon D2H packages channel list with price: Concluding Remarks
If you go through all the D2H packages provided by the Videocon D2H services, you will understand that they are an all-inclusive service provider for the Indian television lovers. They have provided such a HUGE variety of packages with the most basic ones starting from the prices as low as Rs. 150/-.
There are several options available in customizing your plans – be it the regional language channels, the sports, the movie channels, the kid’s channels, the news channels, EVERYTHING! There are so many choices available so that at a point, it will become a tough task for a Videocon D2H subscriber to select one from them all!
Though this is the modern world of mobiles and other gadgets, nothing can match the feeling of watching television. With TV channels selection becoming more and more user friendly nowadays, a service like Videocon. D2H has kept its standards high by providing some of the best services. At an affordable price range. And if they continue to work like that. They will keep dominating the Indian television services market for years to come.