Being a student in the 21st century can be quite exciting. In other words, there is a lot to accomplish. Therefore going with just a pen and a book to class is not enough. We live in an era where computers assist us with most of the tasks we do. As a student, there is a lot that you will be doing. In other words, a tablet can save you tremendously. Apart from that, you can also have fun with your tablet. You can watch YouTube, Netflix, and even play games on it. When looking for the best tablets for students,
there are several specs that you need to keep in mind. Firstly portability is a significant aspect, but almost all tablets are portable, which is a big plus. Secondly, does the tablet look stylish? A stylish tablet is great when it comes to presenting classwork. This list will highlight some of the best tablets for students that you can use in a classroom.
What are the Best tablets for students
EASY TO USE
Firstly a tablet is not a complicated device; therefore, any student can quickly figure out how to use it efficiently. In addition to that, it has a user-friendly interface and is more intuitive than laptops or books. Any student can easily use it to do class work and other stuff, making it a go-to device.
COST-EFFECTIVE COMPARED TO BUYING BOOKS Best tablets for students
In addition to ease of use, we can all agree that tablets are cost-effective compared to buying textbooks. This is one investment that will see you get through a lot, especially when it comes to buying books. Textbooks can be a great challenge if they become outdated. For instance, you buy more, which means you will have more things on your backpack than a tablet. Meanwhile, for a tablet, you can easily update various versions of information, which is a big plus.
QUICK ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Tablets offer students the ability to access information in an instant easily. There is a broad base of information available online. In other words, this information can be accessed easily. Traditionally, you have to go to libraries or ask friends manually. However, tablets have easily eliminated all that. Students can, therefore, take advantage of this and get the information they want.
SENSE OF PERSONAL APPROACH
Students can quickly get the right type of learning style they want from their instructors on their tablets. Traditionally instructors used one learning style expecting all the students to grasp the information quickly, which is not right. Instructors can now package information in different ways that each student can easily understand. As a result of this, all students can benefit, and no one will be left behind.
WHAT IS THE BEST TABLETS FOR STUDENTS 2020
SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S7 PLUS
Firstly the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus is one of the best overall tablets any student can get. The tablet has some of the most excellent features you can think of. However, this tablet is on the expensive end. This tablet is capable of handling any task, which is fantastic for any student. Most importantly, it has several great features that you will need as a student, which will boost your productivity.
PROS of Best tablets for students
- It has either a 6GB or an 8 GB RAM, therefore excellent in speeding up your tasks.
- Entails an S Pen, which comes in handy, especially during productivity. Most importantly, you don’t have to pay extra for the pen.
- The tablet also comes with a big memory of 128 GB or 256GB. In addition, it’s combined with expandable memory.
- A Snapdragon 865 Plus chipset is also available on this tablet. As a result, the tablet is so fast. Moreover, you will get a desktop-like experience as it takes advantage of Samsung Dex mode.
- It has a 12.4-inch screen combined with a 120Hz Super AMOLED display, so you get an excellent viewing experience.
- You will have to pay extra bucks for a keyboard. However, this can be expensive.
- This is one of the most expensive option tablets available in the market, ranging around $850.
LENOVO SMART TAB M8
One of the best and most portable tablets available in the market is the Lenovo Smart Tab M8. This tablet can handle many things. In addition, it has one of the best displays, which is about 8 inches. The tablet is an excellent choice for students, as they can easily use it to take notes and other class work stuff.
The tablet features a 32GB internal storage, which is reasonably enough; however, extra storage is available. You can get up to 1TB of external storage, which is enough to make you store lots of data that you want. The tablet is incredible when it comes to portability. For instance, it can last you for up to 18 hours.
It has a charging dock, which adds several advantages as it turns into a Google Assistant display. With this, you get an excellent interface and the ability to get the Google Home Hub. The resolution for this tablet is super as it displays at 1280 X 800 resolutions. Therefore the Lenovo Smart Tab M8 is one of the best tablets for students that you can get. The tablet goes for around $100, which is a great price point for those features.
- Entails an excellent battery life of up to 18 hours
- Has Google Assistant Smart Charging Dock
- Entails a MicroSD slot which supports up to 1TB
- The IPS display is not that great
- It still uses micro-USB for charging.
AMAZON FIRE HD 8
The Amazon Fire HD 8 is one of the best tablets for students to get for reading. The tablet entails Amazon Alexa, which is a great smart assistant tool that you can find. Moreover, you can add some Alexa skills, which can be so helpful while you are studying. Alexa’s skills can certainly help you find the right answers to the questions that you are asking.
There are great gems that this tablet offers you. Firstly it is light in weight, which makes it easily portable. Secondly, it has an 8-inch display, which is an excellent display for reading. Lastly, it runs on Fire OS, a great operating system based on Android but not similar. You can find this tablet for about $100, and it can come in handy in your studies.
- Has Alexa built-in, which is a great assistant feature during your studies.
- It’s portable and lightweight and therefore carrying it around is not a problem.
- It entails a quad-core processor.
- It only offers a 2GB RAM, which can be a significant problem when it comes to multitasking.
- Since it uses Amazon App, there are limited apps that are available.
- The tablet offers less storage, which is 32GB or 64GB.
MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO X
Microsoft Surface Pro X is one of the best tablets for students in the market right now. To clarify, this is a 2-in-1 device that offers students many advantages when it comes to class work and fun. The tablet has some of the high-end graphics that you can get; moreover, its performance is top-notch.
- The tablet dimensions are 8.2 x 11.3 x 0.28 inches
- Has a built-in SSD storage that ranges from 128GB, 256GB, and 516GB
- You can turn it into a laptop, tablet, or even Studio mode.
- Uses Windows 10 Home operating system
- Has a great battery that can last up to 13 hours
- Fast LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity
- It does not offer the 3.3mm jack for headphones. However, you can use the type –C headphones.
- The surface pen is purchased separately, but that can be expensive.
GOOGLE PIXEL SLATE
Google Pixel Slate cannot miss on the list of the best tablets for students because of its great features. Firstly, it has a 12.3 inches display that is great for displaying content. In addition, you also get a great time when it comes to studies and having entertainment, and students love this.
Moreover, this is one of the best performing tablets with an 8th generation CPU that has no lags. You can do a lot of stuff and multitask efficiently without any problem. The tablet also has one of the best battery life. For instance, you can charge it for 15minutes and use it for about 2 hours.
- Has an 8GB RAM and a flash memory of 64GB
- The tablet measures 11.45 x 7.95 x 0.28 inches
- Uses a Chrome operating system, and it also have a built-in Google Assistant.
- Has a great battery life of up to 12 hours when fully charged
- The sleek design makes this tablet awesome to carry around as it has a thickness of 7mm
- The tablet is lightweight, and therefore you won’t have much luggage
- The user interface is touch-friendly, which makes it a great device
- The tablet does not include the slate keyboard and pen, which you will have to buy separately.
- This is an expensive option tablet but worth the money.
APPLE IPAD PRO 12.9
Apple iPad Pro 12.9 is among the best tablets for students. There are many reasons why this is the right choice to get. The tablet features this powerful chip A12X Bionic and 64-bit desktop-class architecture. To clarify, this is one of the best chips available in the Apple brand, and it makes this tablet so powerful. You can efficiently multitask on this tablet with no lags at all, which is a significant advantage to students.
- The dimensions of the tablet are 11.04×8.46×0.23 inches.
- It has a net weight of 1.39 pounds, and the tablet with WI-Fi and Cellular is 1.4 pounds.
- The tablet has this awesome M12 co-processor.
- Excellent compatibility with Bluetooth Keyboards and also smart keyboards
- Fast Wi-Fi connectivity and even GB-Class LTE
- Has a sleek design, and it’s so thin, which makes it easily portable
- There are different sizes of storage available from 64GB, 256GB, 512GB, and even 1TB
- There is a face ID technology in it, which is excellent.
- Excellent battery life that can last up to 10 hours
- It’s is on the expensive end.
- Several accessories are sold separately, and they are quite costly too.
HUAWEI NOTEBOOK E SIGNATURE EDITION
Huawei Matebook E signature edition is one of the ideal tablets for most students. To clarify it’s one of the most powerful tablets with great processor speed. The device can handle lots of work as you can efficiently multitask, and it’s a 2-in-1 device.
- High resolution of 2160×1440 pixels
- Has 8GB RAM and a 256GB storage which is an SSD
- The dimensions are 10.98×0.27×7.67 inches.
- Weighs around 1.41 pounds
- Intel HD Graphic 615 co-processor
- Excellent viewing experience with the 2K resolution and an excellent screen to body ratio of 84%
- The tablet also features Dolby Atoms premium that gives great home theatre sound
- Has the best battery life that can last up to 9 hours
- Compared to most of the tablets, this has a short battery life
- Comes with a pre-partitioned hard drive, which can be annoying
ACER ICONIA TAB 10
Acer Iconia Tab 10 is one fantastic tablet; therefore, it cannot miss on the list. The tablet features this high sensitivity touch screen, which allows students to take down class notes quickly. Moreover, it features a great Intel processor MT8167A 1.5Gz. There are great gems that make this one of the best tablets for students. The tremendous smart design and high performance make it an ideal tablet to have. Furthermore, it features a 10.1 inches display that has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels.
- Has a 2GB DDR 3 RAM with 32GB flash memory
- The dimensions are 7.3x2x10.8 inches.
- The rear camera is 7MP.
- Weighs about 1.17 pounds
- The battery life can last up to 10 hours, which is great
- Great Bluetooth connectivity
- Has a classy look because of the metallic design
- The tablet offers moderate brightness
- High battery consumption problems
CONCLUSION of Best tablets for students
To sum up, we have looked at some of the best tablets for students you can get today. Above all, there are a few factors to look at, like your needs, budget, and hassle-free. For any student looking for a laptop, the above options can help your schoolwork.